Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Simple Tips for Taking Pics of Your Kids

Happy Tuesday! Pesty Heather here...aka isaacsmom.
How would you like to learn how to take better pictures of your kids? I know that is something I am always working on! I have two boys - a five-year-old and a 3-month-old. The older one is always on the move and I know it won't be long before the younger one is too!

One of the best photo tips I know is to remember to get down on the level of your child when you take their picture. Everything takes on a completely different view when you get down to their level. This will make your photos so much more interesting. Here is an example:

In this one I stood above my little guy
and took the picture looking down on him.




In this one, I got down on the floor,
completely at his level and snapped this cute shot.



I think you can really tell the difference just by looking at the photos. You can tell so much more about him in that second picture. You can tell that he is working so hard to hold his head up and you can also see his size in relation to that little hanging frog. It will be fun to take photos each month from this level so I can see how he is changing and growing! I know this is probably a tip we have all heard before, but it is something I think we easily forget about.

The other tip I wanted to share with you is don't be afraid to take tons of photos, and don't feel like you have to scrap them all. How do you think professional photographers end up with those awesome shots? Well, in reality, they take hundreds of shots and only show you a handful.

My older son started soccer this weekend. I recently got a new Canon Rebel T1i and I was determined to take some great action shots. Well, I took about 25 photos and only got one good action shot. But I tell you what, I am so proud of that shot I captured of him and can't wait to show it off to the world. You probably won't ever see the other 24 pictures I took, lol, but the fun thing with digital is that there is no extra cost for snapping all those extra shots. And you really do end up with some awesome photos!
Here is my awesome soccer shot:

Getting great shots of your children can really be a challenge sometimes. I hope you will take these tips I have shared with you today and try to incorporate them into your daily life. Just remember to have fun and take lots of photos! :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...