Saturday, February 5, 2011

Simplify

 This is my theme for 2011! I'm hoping to simplify all areas of my life!  Here are just a few ways that I'm working to simplify and maybe they will inspire things in your own life! 

Eating!!  This is a big one.  I have been on more weightloss plans than I can count and they all failed!  The more complicated they were, the more I was intrigued, but after 2 weeks, I was done and back to eating all the crap I ate before.  That would last until the next fad diet came along and then it would start all over again!  This year, I decided to simplify!  I simply cut out most of the refined and processed things in my life.  I took it back to the basics and we mostly eat fruit, vegetables, rice, meat and occasionally we add in some stevia.  It's been amazing!  I feel better than I have in years and so far,  I've lost 13 pounds!  The best part is that I don't feel like I'm starving, it has just become habit and what sounds good!  It  may take me a year to lose all the weight I need to, but I feel like I'm finally doing it the right way!

Toys!!  I don't know about your house, but we have far too many toys!  So many days, I feel as though I am drowning under all these toys and the constant mess they make!  Today, I dragged every single toy we own out into the family room.  I am going through them one by one.  Some I will donate.  Some I will throw away.  Some I will put in 2 containers to take upstairs to their room.  All of the rest will be organized into boxes and stacked in my garage.  Every month, I will rotate one box of toys in and refill that box with toys they have been playing with.  Not only will they love getting "new" toys each month, but I'm excited for how simple it will be to clean up each day!

This is my start, and I know I still have many more areas to tackle!  What things would you like to simplify?  What do you think your life would be like if you could simplify things and not feel so ragged all the time?  How can simplify be applied to scrapping?
dss

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

jenltip

Anonymous said...

I am following you! jenltip

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...