Saturday, August 21, 2010

Hello again everyone! Pesty Heather here...aka isaacsmom. I'm here today to share one of my favorite summer recipes with you. This recipe actually came from my husband's grandmother. When we got married - over ten years ago - one of the best wedding presents I received was a bunch of recipes from his family. I have always admired the great cooking that his grandmother does and so I was ecstatic to be let in on some of the family's secrets!


The recipe I am sharing today is for a delicious summer salad called Curly Mac Salad. I love this salad for many reasons. For one, it is easy to prepare and since I am not the worlds best cook, that is essential for me! LOL! I also love it because it uses some great summer veggies and also, it is best when prepared the day before you want to serve it. So, it is great for all those family get togethers. If you are anything like me, being able to prepare something the nigth before is fantastic! I always seem short on time when I am trying to get my two little guys ready to go anywhere! I also thought with the upcoming Labor Day weekend here in the States, this would be a great recipe to share since I know many of us will be visiting family and friends for one last summer barbecue. The best thing about taking this salad to an outdoor get together is that it does not have any ingredients that will spoil in the heat (like mayonaise or sour cream) so you really don't have to worry about keeping it super cold!


I used Ramona's fabulous Giggles and Grins kit to create this fun little recipe card. You can find the kit here in her store. So enough of my rambling...here is the recipe:


I hope you enjoy this recipe and have a wonderful rest of the summer!



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...