Friday, September 10, 2010

Fall Makeover!

With all the time I spend working with colors and textures and designs on my computer, it is sometimes nice to change things up a bit and transfer all that color to something in real life!  My house has long since needed a re-do!  With six children, one who is special needs and sensory seeking, I don't think a wall exists without crayon or pencils or fingerprints.  My carpets are dirty and worn.  My walls also have little nicks in them and for the most part, I have given up!  I have done my best to keep things clean "enough", but I haven't had the time nor the energy to decorate and make things mine!  We have lived in this house for over 2 years and I still feel like it is someone elses house!

With Sam now in school all day, as well as my other 3 older kids, it has opened up a whole new world for me!  I have thoroughly enjoyed sprucing things up!  This week's project was my entry way.  I figured that it is the first thing people see when they walk in the door, so I wanted it to make a statement! And I wanted that statement to be more than "kids live here!"

So, here is the "before" picture:


See, pretty boring, huh!

Well, look at it now!


The whole thing took me less than 2 hours and it cost me less than $50.00!  You can't beat that!

As for the designing in my digital scrapbook world, I created an add-on kit to go with my mini from last week.  If you haven't had a chance to snag the mini yet, it is still free at DSA.  Just click on the preview to go there and download!



And here is the add-on to complete it:

You can click HERE to pick it up for only $2.25 for the next week!

And here are a few layouts by my fabulous team:





Thanks for visiting and I hope you have a marvelous weekend!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...