Monday, September 27, 2010

yogurt finger paints

 Pest Jessica here with a craft project (more of an art project) for those of you with young children.  My baby will not be 1 until next month, but I absolutely love arts and crafts, and couldn’t wait to get started with my son.  I decided that finger painting seemed like a pretty easy project, but didn’t want to use real paints, since I knew he would try to eat them.  I searched around online and found lots of ideas, but none I felt too sure about.  Finally, a friend suggested that I try using plain or vanilla yogurt.  I thought that might work so we went to the store and bought some.  I divided a small container of yogurt into three small bowls, and mixed in some red, yellow and blue gel food coloring.  I then put the boy in his high chair gave him a piece of paper and scooped a spoonful of each color on.  He wasn’t sure at first, but after touching it he got really into it.  He made two pictures, and had a lot of fun spreading the “paint” all around.  He also sampled a little bit as well.  I would definitely consider his first art project to be a huge success, and would definitely recommend trying it with your little ones. 

1 comment:

Ramona said...

This is amazing! I never even thought of doing something like this! My baby would love it too! And look at that precious smile on your babies face! Thanks so much!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...