Monday, October 4, 2010

Favorite Fall Traditions

I don't know about all of you,but Fall is my most favorite time of year!  I love the crisper air and the changing leaves!  I love the anticipation of the holidays coming and the shorter days.  What are some traditions you do with your family at this time of year? I thought I would share a few of mine:

1.  Decorate for Fall.  My kids look forward to this every year, and I try to make an event of it!  I usually cook something yummy in the crockpot (like chili) and burn my favorite spicy candle (you have to create an atmosphere, after all) and then we pull out all the decorations from the garage!  The kids love to pick where they get to go and their favorite decoration is Francis, our scarecrow!


2. We love to take a trip to Wheeler Farms and enjoy a picnic, go on a hayride, pick out a pumpkin and of course, take LOTS of pictures!

3.  We love to listen to Halloween music, the fun and cutsie stuff! I'm not in to scary, so Halloween is much more about cute for me than scary!

4.  We LOVE to attend football games or even listen to them on t.v.  Football is just as much a part of Fall at our house as is carameled apples!  We make our famous chili cheese dip and frito's and enjoy the sounds of cheers, whistles  and "hike" in the background!

Think about your favorite Fall traditions and find ways to enjoy them even more this year or come up with some new ones!  These little traditions are such a part of what our children remember, even after they are grown!  And of course, don't forget to scrap a layout or two about it!

1 comment:

Tiffany Webber said...

I love Wheeler Farm! You have to take your kids to "Pumpkinland" in Orem! Here's the info: Vineyard Garden Center (801) 225-4357
435 S Geneva Rd, Orem, UT 84058 They have the funnest Pumpkin Patch, Small Corn Maze and a *fun* spook alley and it is very afforadable (like $1 or something!) My Mom took all 6 us kids there every year ever since I can remember and now we take our own kids every year together! It's such a fun place! And the pumpkins are a great price!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...