Thursday, January 6, 2011

In a Moment

I don't know if my blog post tonight will be in line with my theme that I'm working on and it may not have any great meaning to it, but I feel like writing about it.  Please indulge me!

Less than 2 hours ago, I got a phone call from my husband. He is on his way home from a business trip and he was in a rollover accident.  The fact that I was speaking to him on the phone was obviously good news.  He lost control of his vehicle and rolled it, but thanks to seat belts and prayers, he walked away without a scratch.  He does seem a little out of it and I'm sure he will be sore tomorrow, but I have so much to be thankful for.

Then I thought about how quickly my life could have changed.  In that one little moment, the love of my life could have been gone.  Now, I don't want to dwell on the "could have beens" because I was extremely blessed tonight.  But, just moments before I was annoyed at my kids for not having cleaned the kitchen well enough and for not having gone to bed while I was gone to Zumba!  I was planning their punishment, when the call came in.  After the phone call, as I sat shaking and feeling an immense amount of gratitude, I had such a desire to just grab my kids and hold them tight.  Where had that frustration gone?  It only took a moment.

And that makes me think about this journey of life that we are all on.  What do we do with our moments?  Do we focus on things that don't count?  Do we worry about things we can't control, or do we just hold on to all our blessings and feel grateful-even in the face of adversity, for the journey and the chance for another tomorrow?

6 comments:

Kate C. said...

So glad your hubby is all right! What a relief. Worrying about the "what ifs" is a big problem of mine. I have to consciously make myself stop and like you, be grateful that things turned out okay. Once your a wife and mother, those worries are always there, but I really try to make a concerted effort to enjoy the moment. Thank you for your post...everyone needs that reminder every once in a while. Again, so glad he's alright!

Anonymous said...

What a shock! SO glad he is fine. Best wishes.

Unknown said...

I am SO glad he is okay! I can only imagine..... Hope you both have a wonderful, safe day!!!

Angie of Down This Road Designs said...

I am so glad he is okay. I focus way too much on the negative in my life. It takes over some days. In fact I just scrapped a layout last week about themy brain taking over my heart. I will share it next week. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on ththis. Hugs and let me know what I can do to help!

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness! I'm glad he's okay! *shudder*

Anonymous said...

Thankfully your husband is okay!

Sharing this event and your thoughts here on your blog is much appreciated - I do find that I forgot to rejoice in the "little moments" that make up my life.
Thank you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...